Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Plunge Pontificates Cited by Joongang Daily

My first time being quoted in a Korean paper. Wow.

ISLAND MENTALITY

"Dokdo" is a word that can send Koreans, and a few bloggers too, into paroxysms of indignation. This week's main Dokdo news concerns Tokyo's plans to conduct a maritime exploration project near the disputed islets. "Plunge" at the blog "Plunge Pontificates," (http://plungepontificates.blogspot.com), whose raison d'etre is to badger Japan into squarely addressing its history, is withering toward calls by the Japanese ambassador for calm by the Korean side. "Oh please," he writes. "You must respond cool-headedly toward our provocation. GAH."
He even seems to understand, at least partly, why I write what I write.