Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Japan Slaps Korea & China

Oh lord, I can't stand Aso, but I agree with him, if probably not for the same reasons.

Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso has expressed his dissatisfaction with South Korean and Chinese policies toward North Korea, according to Japanese media on Thursday.

Speaking to the budget committee at the House of Councilors on Wednesday, Japan's top diplomat was quoted as saying, "South Korea and China are helping North Korea. I can't understand why they do so?"
I have the unfortunate suspicion that if North Korea would come clean on ALL the abductions of Japanese citizens that have occurred over the years that Japan would be much more accomodating towards North Korea as well.

Still, even if our reasons for wanting it are different, I agree with his statement on South Korea and China. It is time to stop all this aid to the North.