Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hines Ward a TRUE Hero

This guy is really awesome. Not only is he a great football player, but he is facing the biracial difficulties in Korea head on. While announcing that he is going to visit Korea, he also took time to talk about the difficulties of being biracial and is planning on making that part of his focus while visiting Korea. The more I read and hear about him, the more impressed I am. Of course, I give huge kudos to his mother who sacrificed everything for her son. Way to go!

Ward said he will make it a point to visit bi-racial children while in Seoul.

"I know they (frown) upon kids who are of other races over there," Ward said. "They are treated very badly. It is sad that happens. If there is anything that I can do to help us out of that mentality, to accept it that it is not the kids' fault, just accept them for who they are. They are part Korean, so love them as a person, not by color. I had a struggle with that as a kid, being teased and being looked down upon for being Korean and African American. It's not the kids' fault. They deserve better."
Damn straight!