Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Thursday, January 26, 2006

What a Day...

My day started at 3:30 AM this morning. Mind you, that is a bit unusual, my normal day starts at 5:45 AM. This day began so early because of excruciating pain radiating from the lower left part of my back, around the front and into crotch. This is a pain that I haven't felt in a long time, nearly 7 years. Yet, it is a pain that once you have had it, you never forget. It's the pain of a kidney stone.

My last major attack came on an airplane from the US to Korea, at least this time I was at home. I was hoping I could just pass the stone but that was not to be. My urinary tract shutdown and all that was coming out was watery blood. So, off to the hospital I went.

There, I was given a lovely cocktail including morphine. They did a CT scan showing a 3mm stone on the verge of entering my bladder. The doc gave me a prescription of percocet and sent me home. So, here I am at work, feeling not too bad on my meds, hoping the stone will pass soon.

Because of this, don't expect much from me today. I'll just link to Marmot's gochu story which made me smile and leave it at that.