Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Friday, January 27, 2006

Kidney Stone update

It finally left the kidney and is residing in my bladder. The little bastard is still there, I'm hoping it goes soon. If not, they'll probably go in with a long skinny probe (I'm sure you can guess the entry point) and pull it out. Gah...

Update: No, it's not gone yet. I have been offered a lot of advice on preventing kidney stones. I appreciate all the advice, unfortunately, mine are not calcium based stones, they are uric acid stones. Those make up about 10% of kidney stones and are genetic in nature as well as there being some evidence that eating a lot of meat will cause this type of stone. Basically, my body releases too much acid in my urine. Probably too much info for all of you.