Plunge Pontificates

A place for my thoughts.

email me

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

What is this world coming to?!?

I guess I'm out of the majority, but this REALLY disgusts me. How in the world could they market a book like this to 14 year olds and up!?!?

I'm just getting sick of the moral degeneration in society today. I'm glad I have a daughter who seems to understand this as well.

Thanks to Michelle for pointing this out! If you read her article, be careful which links you click on. Some of them are NSFW, yet, for some reason, people feel it is safe for our children.

MORE:

I thought I would continue to write some more on this. After being to QOAE's site and reading her wonderful posting on parental notification before an abortion and from there to Vista on Current Events for an article on Planned Parenthood saying saran wrap can be used for safe oral and anal sex for 8th graders! What in the BLOODY HELL IS GOING ON?!?!

I like how the article brings out a point from the FBI's pamphlet, "A Parent's Guide to Internet Safety" where they are discussing how pedophiles work:
These individuals attempt to gradually lower children's inhibitions by slowly introducing sexual context and content into their conversations.”
Isn't this what we are doing with all this crap in our schools and on TV and in the movies and music and everything else?!?

Call me a prude, whatever. I have a sweet, wonderful 13 year old daughter. She and I discuss nearly everything together and, luckily, she knows she can ask me anything. I won't be embarrassed, at least not that she will know, and I'll do my best to answer any question open and honestly. She also knows I'll listen to her thoughts and feelings. This is where these discussions belong! They belong at home, with the family! I resent others butting in, thinking that they should be the ones to decide how to properly raise my daughter and what her standards and morals should be.

I'll end my rant, at least for now.